A grand-opening ribbon cutting ceremony was held last Friday to highlight a brand-new intake and referral program that seamlessly links people in the community to local service providers. ‘Self-Help @ The Seventeenth’ is now open in the Central Courthouse in downtown Fort Lauderdale. It is the first in the State of Florida to offer such a wide-ranging array of services in a “one-stop” environment.
Five days a week, representatives from the following agencies are on-site in the new West tower, to help anyone in need.
- Coast to Coast Legal Aid– provides assistance with family cases and filling out forms in family matters, referrals and assistance with domestic violence injunctions (Room 4101, 4th floor)
- 211 Broward – identifies and assists families in crisis, in need of housing, and a referral base to all Broward social services (Room 5107, 5th floor)
- South Florida Wellness Network– a peer run program that offers emotional support and guidance in assessing recovery and care systems and services for individuals or families (Room 5106, 5th floor)
- Henderson Behavioral Health– offers a variety of mental health and behavioral health services for both youth and adults, crisis intervention, and referrals to local in and out-patient services (Room 5101, 5th floor)
- Women in Distress of Broward– provides court accompaniment, victim compensation and relocation assistance, and referral to attorneys for legal assistance to victims of domestic violence (Room 4106, 4th floor)