I unknowingly submitted the scheduling before I typed in the name of the Motion. I am unsure how to add the title of the Motion that has been scheduled already.
Once you have saved the hearing, you cannot change or update the title. You will have to cancel an existing hearing and reschedule it again. There is no guarantee that you will get same time slot again.
I submitted an Agreed Order yesterday, but I did not receive the system generated email attaching the proposed Agreed Order in the new format pursuant to the new procedures. How do I know the status if approved?
If you had submitted the order electronically, you can view the order status by logging into CMS and under menu
a. If approved, you can view the order under workbench -> approved menu
b. If pending, you can view it under workbench -> pending menu
c. If rejected, you can view under workbench -> rejected menu
Why I cannot register using the CMS system?
It means either your Florida Bar is not eligible to practice law in Florida, or you are already registered, but you had never completed the registration process or you are already active in our system.
How to schedule a new event?
1. Select Show Availability option from the drop down menu of the Calendar Tab
2. Select the Category Type of the hearing that you are trying to set ei. Motion Calendar, Special Sets, Calendar Call etc.
3. Select the desired date, select the desired time.
4. Enter the Case number (make sure it’s a proper format i.e. CACExxxxxxx or COCExxxxxxx where “x represents 8 digits number’). Click here to view the list of valid case number formats for each given court type.
5. Validate the case number. scroll down and enter the type of Motion.
6. Select both check marks for License Agreement and click on Validate button and click on Save button.
I am having issues logging into the CMS system.
1. Please verify your status on Florida Bar website to see if you are eligible to practice law in Florida. It could be disabled due to pending payment of member fee.
2. Please resolve this issue with Florida bar then try to login to CMS.
3. Please keep in mind, after resolving your issue with Florida bar; you may not able to login to CMS system the same day. Our system gets a updates from the Florida Bar website daily.
4. Also verify and make sure the username, and the password entered are correct. Please be advised that your username and password are case sensitive.
I need to set a motion calendar hearing after 2 months from today, and there are no available dates but I do see available dates for current month and the next month. How do I find future available dates?
The reason could be that Judge’s JA hasn’t open up the dates for that month you are interested to set hearing. The calendars dates are continually being updated by JA who manage all calendars depending on Judges schedule. If a specific date you are looking for is not available, please check back later for an updated schedule as when a hearing is cancelled the slot reopens. Note, you can always request the JA to set up the earlier hearing for you, if it is an emergency.
I’ve been trying to attach a supporting document for a Judge and apparently there is an error on the Court’s scheduling system. The document does not attach. The Judge’s JA indicates to contact the Court’s IT. Please look into this so I can file my supporting document.
You can attach the files as supporting documents while creating the new agreed order in CMS system. Please refer to the User Manual for the details.
I have changed Firm, how can I login to CMS again?
Before you move to a new firm, please take the followings steps:
1. Go to Florida’s Bar website and change your email address.
2. Login to CMS with an existing user id and password that is used in the current firm and make sure to change your email address using “Users profile” window with your new email address.
You can perform step 2 after you are moved to a new firm, but remember when you send yourself forgotten username or password, the system generated email will be sent to your old email address, if you still haven’t change your email address on Florida Bar website. Username is associated with email that is listed on Florida Bar website.
How to check status of an order?
1. From the Workbench Tab select “Pending” option, change the date by clicking inside the date field to desired date.
2. You will see the status of your case. Pending means, it’s awaiting Judge’s approval.
3. If you desired to print the approved copy of an order, please click on the Case number, the order will open up to the right side of the browser which allows users to save or print it.
Upon Judge’s approval the trial will be e-serviced through e-portal and move under Approved and Completed Queue.
I am attempting to register with the CMS system to schedule a hearing. The site is rejecting my bar number and not allowing me to register.
There could be multiple reasons:
1. You are already registered your bar id at our CMS site.
2. Maybe yours Bar number is not eligible due to pending fee payment.
3. You may have registered right before moving to a new firm and you did not complete the registration process, the email with registration is continue to be sent out to your old email from the previous firm or the email that is listed on Florida Bar website.
Please be advised, change your email address on Florida bar website as soon as possible to avoid delay. Then send yourself the username and password by clicking on the “Forgot your user name or password?” link that is located on the bottom of the login screen. The screen will ask you to enter either your email address or Florida Bar# and a system generated email containing password will be sent to the user name registered with CMS.
I will not be able to travel for my upcoming hearing that is already scheduled, I would really like a telephonic hearing, I’ve been trying to contact the Judge’s JA and can’t seems to get through. Please advise what to do?
Please refer to the division procedure about “how to attend the hearing by phone” and follow the process (see link below)
Also, if you have any questions regarding the procedures, please contact the Judge’s office/JA directly. Please leave a voice message for JA, you will be contacted back.
We have been trying for two days to schedule a hearing on Judge’s motion calendar and keep getting a message that it is unable to create the event – does not matter what date we pick on that is available?
You encounter this issue when the case style is missing. Please contact Clerk’s office to add the Case style. Once they add case style, you will be able to schedule a hearing.
How to check the status of case hearing?
1) Go to your Docket Tab
2) Change the docket date by clicking inside the date field (the calendar will pop up)
3) Select the date of hearing that you are interested to see the status
I have never received the Registration Confirmation email?
1. The confirmation email is always sent to the email registered with the CMS system.
2. Please check your Spam folder.
3. Add 17th.flcourts.org to valid domain to avoid redirection to Spam/Junk folder
4. This process applies to Attorneys only.
5. When a sub user does not receive a confirmation email, the parent attorney can go to Admin Tab/Sub User Account window and by clicking on resend will resend the email to sub users
Can you please advise how to delete our client’s email addresses from the state e-portal?
You need to contact the e-portal support directly to resolve your issue. For e-Portal technical support, attorneys may contact the Florida Courts e-Filing Portal via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Florida Courts e-Filing Portal Support Desk at 850-577-4609 (technical support). Our system gets the e-service list of all parties from the state e-portal, but our system allows users to un-select the parties from the list at the time of scheduling hearing.
Is the proposed order feature ready to utilize and if so, is there an editable field that you may type the title of your order, when it is not there in the pull down menu.
Here is the link for instructions submitting new orders electronically:
You can select the Proposed Order menu item in CMS only if the division is accepting it. Please refer to and follow the Judges procedure at:
Yes, the editable order title field is defaulted to the court order type that is selected from the drop down. But you can amend order title.
I’ve tried to submit a proposed Agreed Order twice before. I just tried it again. For some reason, the attachment shows at my end, but apparently Judge does not receive it.
Usually this issue happens when IE browser is used to submit the order in CMS. Please use Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser and try to re-submit the proposed agreed order again as our system works well with these browsers.
How to update User Name or Password in CMS?
You may change your user name or change password from User Profile window, and it will be updated in our system. How to get to User Profile window:
1) Click on the Admin tab
2) Go to user => User profile
3) Make changes and save
I’m trying to upload courtesy copies of documents for a hearing to Judge, but I don’t see a tab for uploading documents.
You can only attach supporting documents if the division allows it, always confirm with division procedures. There are two ways to attach supporting documents. First option at the time of setting new hearing or an event. Second option is to go to Calendar tab, select “Show Events By Case” from the drop down menu to bring up the event first. Click on the “Add Attachment” button. Should be separate question? How do I upload courtesy copies of document for a hearing to judge?
I am trying to upload an Order to Appear and Show Cause. There is no Order in the drop down menu matching this. What do I need to do?
While creating Proposed Order in CMS, you will see only a list of accepted order types under the Court Order drop down located above the Accept the terms check boxes. You have to choose one of the accepted court order types from this list only
If it’s not listed there, then it’s not a valid Court Order type for that division and you have to submit it manually. Please contact the Judge’s office directly for further instructions on how to submit manually.
I am having trouble submitting an agreed order via CMS since the recent change has been implemented using Mac using High Sierra (10.13.4) and Chrome (Version 67.0.3396.62) and the save button is not visible.
The blocker is enabled in your browser causing the issue. Please activate the blocker from the web browser. In order to do that, click on the “Warning message icon” in the web address bar, located in front of the bookmark this page (star) icon and then select “Load/Allow scripts”. Then re-run the application and create the order and you should be able to see the save and other buttons at the bottom.
How to Update User Profile?
You may correct your name or change password from User Profile window, and it will be updated in our system. You must be logged into the system. How to get to User Profile window:
1) Click on the Admin tab
2) Go to user => User profile
3) Make changes, scroll down and click on save button
How do I know that the Judge has received the supporting documents? There is no tab for viewing the supporting documents, only an option to print the receipt of the hearing.
You can view the attachments by clicking on the Calendar tab and select the option “Show Events by Case”. Enter the case number, the “from and to” dates fields are auto populated with today’s date. Based on the date of hearing, please make necessary changes to the “From” and “To” date. If you see the documents here that means Judge has received the supporting documents and are attached to the hearing.
When clicking “save documents”, does the system also save the documents on my computer? If not, how do I save a copy of what I am submitting?
Prior to attaching the documents, we assume that you have already saved the documents on your computer. But you can view all attached document on a case by navigating to the “Approved” queue from CMS system, or navigate to the “Show events by Case” under calendar tahb. Any exhibit attachments are available in the Clerk’s system as well.
Is there a minimum monitor resolution for MAC that is required to view the CMS site.
Please use the system in full screen, or reduce the browser view to 90% instead original 100%. To take a window into full screen view, you click on the Green Full Screen icon in the top-left of the window. Click it again to go back to standard view. Or choose View > Exit Full Screen (Command-Option-F)
How the Trial Order Works?
You must schedule Calendar Call types of hearing for a trial.
1) When an Attorney schedules a Calendar Call types of hearing, the Trial Order is auto generated and the Trial Period is attached to the hearing. The Trial Order goes to Judge’s Pending queue and Attorney can view the Pending list under Workbench tab too.
2) Upon approval, it moves under Approved list of the Workbench tab
3) The Approve/Rejected order is e-serviced to all parties via E Portal
4) Attorney can view E Portal reference id under “Completed” list of workbench tab
5) Attorneys can view the status of case from the Docket tab, just change the docket tab to the date you have schedule the CC hearing. “Pending status means, the order awaiting Judge’s approval”. “Ready status means, the order has been approved”.
Judge, in his divisional instructions, requests that all courtesy copies to be uploaded through CMS.
You can upload courtesy copies at the time of setting new hearing or an event. If the hearing is already scheduled, retrieve the hearing from Calendar tab by selecting the “Show Events by Case”. Click on the “Add Attachment” button and follow instructions from this training manual.
The attorneys do not receive the attachments after order is approved by a Judge or when a proposed order is submitted by an attorney, is that correct? How can this be accomplished?
Yes, the supporting documents are used for Judicial review only. So the creator will receive the draft proposed order only after submitting and they DO NOT receive the other attachments. The system currently does not support this feature, so the attachments can be emailed directly to the parties if needed.
How to access the CMS system to schedule hearing as ProSe and where do I submit the ProSe Registration Form?
You will have to register as a ProSe in order to use the CMS system to schedule hearing events. You can download the ProSe registration form using the link at
Then email the completed prose registration form to email@example.com for approval.
What to do when same email is shared by multiple user?
Normally your user id is email address from Florida bar, If user id is shared by multiple users in the same firm and one email address is registered at Florida Bar website under multiple FBN, you must change the User iD that is unique to you.
Many Attorneys are changing firms, our system only validate FBN to make sure the Attorney is eligible to practice Law in Florida, In Our system, User id should be unique to you, not necessary match with Florida Bar website . Email listed with Florida bar is used to communicate with Attorney.
So please enter the valid email address that is unique to you (and is not shared by more than one user, it could be your personal email address) in the user profile window. That will be your login username and the new password that you will reset in the User Profile window.
I am trying to upload supporting documents via e-Courtesy hearing documents for a future hearing. The hearing is set by opposing counsel and does not show in my “events”, so I tried finding it via “Show Events by Case” but when I load the case number, it says “Error! Your email address is not register for this case number at State Portal. Please try again later.”
Our system pulls the e-service email list from the Florida Portal and hence the email registered for that particular case number with the state e-portal should match the user name used to login to the CMS system. Then a user can use the “Show Events by Case” function for that case and upload documents to the hearing.
If your email address has not been added to eservice list at the state e-portal on that specific case that you are trying to access, you will not be able to pull the event on that case. So please add your email for this case with the state e-portal first, then you should be able to pull the event by case number. You will be able to upload supporting documents as well.
What to do when a Respondent is not listed in the case style. Is there a process where I am able to add the Respondent?
The CMS system picks up the case style from the clerk’s system and we cannot add or modify the case style. You can get the case style changed with the clerk directly, if you want to add it or to show differently.
Why I’m not able to view open dates for Calendar Call?
When you are unable to see Calendar Call types of plan that means the previous CC hearing is still active on the docket with “Ready” status.
Please call the JA and ask her to:
1) Cancel previous hearing
2) Reset your hearing to another future date
Remember resetting hearing to future hearing will generate a “Resetting Order” and upon Judge’s approval, it will be e-serviced via e-portal.
How to obtain a confirmation of Hearing receipt?
The Notice of hearing is e-serviced through e-portal upon scheduling.
If the hearing was already scheduled, you may click on the Printer icon next to motion from the docket tab.