Getting Started with Zoom
The Office of Court Administration advises users new to Zoom to watch these videos before getting started with Zoom.
To search for Court Zoom links Click Here.
Tips for Successful Hearings
- Dress in a soft solid color (like a black robe for judges). If a tie is worn, use a solid tie rather than one with a pattern.
- When speaking, remember to look directly at the webcam, not at the screen.
- Position the camera at your eye level or slightly above eye level.
- Be mindful of what is behind you, choose a solid neutral wall if possible.
- Check the lighting. Light from a window behind you might blind the camera, making you look dark. Light above you in the center of a room might also cast shadows. Ideally, position a lamp, or sit facing a window, where light is directly on your face. Also be aware that your monitor casts light that can make you look blue.
- Test your connection and setup with Zoom by testing your connection with a test meeting.