Free Wi-Fi Access to Court Records
Effective April 7, 2014, the 17th Judicial Circuit Court and the Clerk of Courts for the 17th Judicial Circuit jointly announce free Wi-Fi access to electronic court records. Access to clerk of court filings may be obtained via the Court’s wireless Wi-Fi access points throughout all four Broward County courthouses; Main Courthouse downtown in Fort Lauderdale, West Courthouse in Plantation, North Courthouse in Deerfield Beach, and South Courthouse in Hollywood.
All citizens, attorneys, law enforcement or state agencies, and any other interested parties will be able to access the clerk of court’s website and obtain efiled pleadings, case information and other matters of record that have been filed in a particular case.
The website service permitting access to Clerk of Court records is Broward County Electronic Court Records which can be found at http://ecr.browardclerk.info. This website will permit anyone to search and view case details or other electronically filed images attached to a particular case.
Please remember certain clerk of court files contain a hybrid of efiled documents or images and original paper filed documents. Website access only permits viewing of efiled images.
Users of the web service should access the site via Wi-Fi enabled devices such as mobile phones, laptops, and iPads utilizing web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. Other portable devices may be able to connect, but viewing may be limited based on a device’s display capabilities.
To access the service while in a courthouse:
1. Connect your device to wireless network “Courthouse Public Wi-Fi”.
2. Enter http://ecr.browardclerk.info in your browser and accept website disclaimer to continue.
3. Begin your search by entering the name of a party, case number or other search criteria depending on the type of case.
4. Access to court records are dictated by the Florida Supreme Court and therefore confidential filings and other images not approved for public view may not be available.
5. Document images may not be downloaded or printed.
Please note a few variables that may impact the ability to access case records:
* The website may not be compatible with all portable devices or web browsers.
* Wi-Fi coverage may not be available in certain areas of the Courthouse.
* Guidelines for use of laptops and portable devices in the courtrooms are at the discretion of the Chief Judge, individual Division Judges and Court Administration.
Last Updated (Monday, 31 March 2014 15:07)