Judges Help in Election Recount
Photo courtesy MargateNews.net
In the August 2014 primary elections, there were many clear winners and some that were too close to call. One such race, for a Margate city commission seat, was so close that Florida Statute required a manual recount. The Broward Supervisor of Elections Canvassing Board, comprised of County Court Judges Sharon Zeller and Stephen DeLuca, along with elections supervisor Brenda Snipes, convened right before a holiday weekend to make sure everyone's vote was counted. Florida Statute 102.141 requires a manual vote recount when a candidate for office is defeated by less than .50%. In this case, the difference was .49%.
Though the recount yielded just one more vote for the victor, it was enough to guarantee the win to Joyce Bryan who won the race with 35.03% of Margate residents casting their ballots for her.
Last Updated (Monday, 08 September 2014 15:54)
- Free Wi-Fi Access to Court Records
- Judge Merrigan Appointed to Circuit Bench
- Florida Supreme Court Warns of Email and Phone Scams
- Mandatory E-Filing for Traffic Court
- EFFECTIVE 1/6/14 - MANDATORY EFILING
- Judge Merrigan Promoted in Army Reserve
- Notice of Intent to file New Case in the Complex Business and Tort Division
- New County Court Judge Giuseppina Miranda