Judges Receive Award of Excellence
Impact Broward presented the 2014 Award of Excellence to Chief Judge Peter M. Weinstein and Judge Edward H. Merrigan, Jr. on behalf of their work with Broward County Veterans Court. Since its inception in May 2012, the 17th Circuit’s Veterans Court has accepted hundreds of cases covering a variety of misdemeanor offenses, with a focus on rehabilitating the veteran offender. There are currently 185 defendants receiving services through Broward’s Veterans Court.
In its third year, Impact Broward’s annual awards ceremony honors local officials, organizations and community members for their dedication and commitment to improving the lives of Broward County residents.
Congratulations to both judges!
- Governor Scott Appoints Kal Le Var Evans and Daniel Kanner to the Broward County Court
- Graduation Honors for Judge Merrigan
- Judge DeLuca Elected to JQC
- Changes to Complex Litigation Divisions
- Free Wi-Fi Access to Court Records
- Judge Merrigan Appointed to Circuit Bench
- Florida Supreme Court Warns of Email and Phone Scams
- Mandatory E-Filing for Traffic Court