Judge Singhal Appointed to State Council
Circuit Judge Raag Singhal was recently appointed by Governor Rick Scott to serve on Florida’s State Council for Interstate Adult Offender Supervision. Filling the 7th seat of this important committee, Judge Singhal will bring a fresh judicial perspective to the group’s task of finding ways to improve a system that deals with adults ordered in Florida to court supervision who serve the sentence in another state. His term lasts from August 20, 2014 until June 30, 2015.
Created pursuant to Florida Statute 949.072, the council meets at least twice a year. Taking a fresh look at the changing laws, the goal of the council is to revamp the rules and regulations that apply to the interstate program. At present, there are about 7,000 nationwide offenders on interstate supervision; nearly 2,000 of them are in violation.
- EFFECTIVE 1/6/14 - MANDATORY EFILING
- Judge Merrigan Promoted in Army Reserve
- Notice of Intent to file New Case in the Complex Business and Tort Division
- New County Court Judge Giuseppina Miranda
- Eliminating the Schoolhouse to Jailhouse Pipeline
- NEW APPELLATE PANEL SCHEDULES FIRST ORAL ARGUMENTS
- Courthouse Team Walks for a Cure
- New Foreclosure General Magistrate