Court Closure Details
The Broward County Court System will be closed starting at noon today, Wednesday, October 5, and will remain closed on Thursday and Friday, October 6 and 7. The dependency shelter hearings, delinquency detention, domestic violence and first appearance divisions will remain open today, October 5, until the dockets are finished. All court services will be suspended on October 6 and 7.
Pending any unforeseen circumstances, the 17th Circuit will re-open on Saturday, October 8, for first appearance, and delinquency detention and dependency shelter hearings. All other court services will resume business as usual on Monday, October 10, again, pending any unforeseen circumstances.
This circuit will be applying to the Florida Supreme Court for an extension of deadlines.
This announcement will be updated, as needed.
Last Updated (Wednesday, 05 October 2016 11:30)
- Judge Lopane Honored with EPIC Award
- Judge Davis Sworn in as New County Court Judge
- Two Judicial Vacancies Filled
- Intent to Award RFP
- Court Reporter RFP Questions and Answers
- Court Reporter RFP
- New Court Management System
- West Satellite Courthouse Begins Accepting Petitions for Domestic Violence Injunctions