New County Judge Daniel J. Kanner Sworn In
Daniel J. Kanner was sworn in as the 17th Circuit’s newest county court judge on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 by Chief Judge Peter Weinstein. Appointed to a vacant seat in August by Governor Rick Scott, Judge Kanner will be presiding in the county civil division.
A practicing attorney for 22 years, Judge Kanner spent the first six of those years as a Broward assistant state attorney. For the last 16 years, he was a partner in private practice concentrating mostly in criminal defense.
Judge Kanner earned both his bachelor and juris doctor degrees from University of Florida. He is married to Kristin and has three children, two dogs and three cats.
- Judge DeLuca Elected to JQC
- Changes to Complex Litigation Divisions
- Free Wi-Fi Access to Court Records
- Judge Merrigan Appointed to Circuit Bench
- Florida Supreme Court Warns of Email and Phone Scams
- Mandatory E-Filing for Traffic Court
- EFFECTIVE 1/6/14 - MANDATORY EFILING
- Judge Merrigan Promoted in Army Reserve