Circuit Civil Foreclosure Program
Updated May 14, 2015
- Along with the Web Page, please familiarize yourself with the Judge’s Procedures found at: Division 11 Procedures
- All Foreclosure Hearings will continue to be heard in the dedicated Foreclosure Courtrooms unless otherwise advised.
- Motions to cancel sale must first be filed at the Clerk’s Office and a hearing set 10 court business days prior to hearing. If this is not possible, the court will accept an emergency hearing
- Emergency hearings including emergency motion to cancel foreclosure sale will be handled in the manner outlined in the Judge’s Procedures.
- All Summary Judgments, Motion to Default, Motion to Withdraw, Plaintiff’s Motions to Cancel Sale, Substitution of Party Plaintiff, Motions for Writ of Possession, Motions to Reset Sale, Association to Advance Case, Motion to Authorize Distribution of Fund, etc. are set according to the Judge’s Procedures for Division 11.
- All Foreclosure Trials are set for Monday – Thursday; Special Sets Hearings with are Judge are held on Fridays; the General Magistrate handles Special Set Hearings Mondays - Fridays.
- Please feel free to reach the Foreclosure Unit in the following ways to be given additional information:
oTelephone:– (954) 831-7770
oAddress:- Broward County Courthouse
201 S.E. 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale FL 33301
2014-17-CIV: As to Residential Mortgage Foreclosure (Affidavit of Compliance With Administrative Order As To Summary Judgment Hearings
- Attorneys are encouraged to set blocks of cases for judicial economy.
- Upon arrival at the court room please check-in with a Case Manager.
To Schedule Hearings online Click Here
Click here for Online Scheduling Instructions
Type of Calendar
Foreclosure-2011 and Older (11A)
UMC for cases 2012 and Older (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, etc.)
Foreclosure-2012 and Younger (11B)
UMC for Cases 2013 and Younger (2013, 2014, 2015, etc.)
UMC – Uniform Motion Calendar
- Case Management Conference (CMC) are scheduled by the Court only.
- Special Set Hearings are scheduled by the Court only.
- Foreclosure Orders executed by the Court usually require the Plaintiff’s attorney to inform the defendant or the defendant’s attorney.
PRO SE SCHEDULING
Pro Se Litigants must set hearings with a Foreclosure Case Manager. A valid national identification (passport, driver’s license, etc.) and a copy of the filed motion are required. A copy of the motion and notice of hearing must be sent to all parties in the matter.
Please review the HELP DESK Link for more information.
FORECLOSURE HELP DESK
The Foreclosure Help Desk provides pro se litigants (self-represented individuals) with help in scheduling their case(s). The hours of operation are:
Monday – Friday
9:00 – 12:00 and 1:30 – 4:00
at the Broward County Main Court House
on the 5th Floor Lobby
Broward – Your First Call For Help
Dial 2-1-1 or (954) 537-0211
or go online: www.211.broward.org (includes some legal resources)
Lawyer Referral Service - Broward County Bar Association – (954) 764-8310
Legal Aid Service of Broward County – (954) 765-8950