Probate and Guardianship
The Probate Division handles all matters relating to:
- Determinations of incapacity for individuals over the age of 18
- Appointment of guardian advocates for developmentally disabled adults
- Estates (disposition without administration, summary administration and formal administration)
- Mental Health (Baker Act)
- Substance Abuse (Marchman Act)
- Sexually Transmissible Diseases
- Expedited judicial review for medical treatment.
Effective immediately, all proposed orders submitted in the probate division of the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit MUST contain at least (4) lines of text and the case number on the signature page.
Please Click Link Below for Information Concerning
Probate eFiling Program
ALL Professional and Non Professional Guardians:
FDLE is no longer accepting or processing hard copy applicant fingerprint cards.
For complete information including required ORI processing number, Click Here
Handbook for Guardians
Revised August 2012
(Inventory, Plans, Accountings)
Revised July 2013
Revised July 2008