Emergency COVID-19 Probate/Guardianship Division Procedures
COVID-19 Motion Calendar COVID-19 Special Set Procedures Updated 4/7/2020 COVID-19 Ex Parte Procedures
2020-92-TEMP — Temporary Procedures for Proceedings to Determine Incapacity
Probate and Guardianship Smart Forms Home Page
These are temporary pdf fillable forms until the new version of pdf fillable forms is available.
These forms will require that you enter information that had a drop down menu option when completing the Smart Forms.
These forms do not automatically calculate. You are required to calculate the values for each schedule and insert on the forms as appropriate.
You must complete steps 1 through 3 when filling out the form before efiling.
1. Right click on the applicable form.
**Only the listed forms are recommended by the Court. If the specific topic is not listed here, a form should not be used.
2. Save the file on your local computer. Do not complete the form in your web browser as information will not be saved. Use the form saved to your local computer. If you need to come back to the form later, save the file as you would any other pdf file.
3. After the form is complete save in PDF/A format for electronic filing via the E-Filing Authority Portal.
• If you are filing a document that has an associated form listed below, it is recommended that you file the form.
• The Clerk’s Office may reject the filing if the form is not attached.
• Make sure to use the correct case number formatting on the form.
correct: PRC010001234 incorrect: P-RC-01-0001234
• When inputting numerical values in the Initial Guardianship Inventory, Annual Accounting, Simplified Annual Accounting, and Estate Inventory, please use the exact number, i.e., $2.99 rather than $3.00.
• The form does not automatically calculate. You are required to calculate the values for each schedule and insert on the form as appropriate.
• If you have questions on the forms, please send an email email@example.com
INITIAL GUARDIANSHIP INVENTORY
INITIAL GUARDIANSHIP PLAN
ANNUAL ACCOUNTING (Guardianship)
ANNUAL GUARDIANSHIP PLAN
SIMPLIFIED ANNUAL ACCOUNTING
EMPLOYEE STATEMENT WITH A FIDUCIARY OBLIGATION TO A WARD
PETITION FOR ORDER AUTHORIZING PAYMENT OF ATTORNEY’S FEE AND EXPENSES
PETITION FOR ORDER AUTHORIZING PAYMENT OF COMPENSATION AND EXPENSES OF GUARDIAN
NEW UPDATED FORMS
APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT AS GUARDIAN/GUARDIAN ADVOCATE
MANDATORY GUARDIANSHIP INVESTIGATION CHECKLIST (INITIAL AND RENEWAL) – NON PROFESSIONAL
MANDATORY GUARDIANSHIP INVESTIGATION CHECKLIST (INITIAL AND RENEWAL) – PROFESSIONAL
PROFESSIONAL GUARDIANSHIP CHECKLIST – ADDITIONAL APPOINTMENTS
Health Care Advance Directives Downloadable Forms
- Living Will
- Designation of Health Care Surrogate
- Designation of Health Care Surrogate for a Minor
- Donor Form
- Wallet Card about your Advance Directive
- Checklist: Petition for Disposition of Personal Property without Administration
- Checklist: Petition to Determine Homestead
- Checklist: Petition for Formal Administration of Intestate Estate
- Checklist: Petition for Summary Administration of Intestate Estate
- Checklist: Petition for Formal Administration of Testate Estate
- Checklist: Petition for Summary Administration of Testate Estate
- Checklist: Petition for Formal Ancillary Administration
- Checklist: Petition for Summary Ancillary Administration
- Checklist: Petition for Discharge
- Petition for Disposition of Personal Property without Administration
- Petition to Determine Homestead
- Petition for Formal Administration of Intestate Estate
- Petition for Summary Administration of Intestate Estate
- Petition for Formal Administration of Testate Estate
- Petition for Summary Administration of Testate Estate
- Petition for Formal Ancillary Administration
- Petition for Summary Ancillary Administration
- Petition for Discharge
Effective immediately, all proposed orders submitted in the probate division of the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit MUST contain at least (4) lines of text and the case number on the signature page.
Please Click Link Below for Information Concerning
Probate eFiling Program
ALL Professional and Non Professional Guardians: FDLE is no longer accepting or processing hard copy applicant fingerprint cards.
For complete information including required ORI processing number, Click Here
Local Procedures of the Broward County Circuit Court, Probate Division (Updated 10/08/2019)
Memorandum on For Profit Corporate Guardian Requirements (NEW)
Memorandum Making Checklists Mandatory for Certain Petitions(NEW)
Affidavit of Heirs to be filed in all intestate cases (formal and summary administrations) (NEW)
Affidavit Regarding Criminal History to be filed in all testate and intestate cases (formal and summary administrations) (NEW)
Memorandum regarding Special Needs Trusts and Pooled Trusts (UPDATED)
Memorandum and Order Requiring Certification Clause (UPDATED)
Handbook for Guardians
*Revised December 2019
(Inventory, Plans, Accountings)
Probate Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (Updated)
Revised July 2013
Personal Representive’s Handbook
Revised July 2008